I am so back!
September sucked people, ok it just sucked bad. There were a couple of bright spots, or bright sides as the case may be, but if I had to use one word to sum up September it would have to be TANK. So now that September is DUNZO I am SO THRILLED TO BE BACK for an exciting fun filled fall.
Its almost like I woke up from a coma this morning. I feel like Ive been in a crazy haze since about August 20. Maybe it was the heat or the rain or the work I really dont know what it was but this morning has been awesome and I have a feeling that tonights gonna be a good night, tomorrows gonna be a good day and this could go on and on until 2010!
I have not yet collected all the bright sides from September on my Daily Bright Side blog but on Friday night I plan to get all caught up with that so stay tuned for some fun stuff over on my happy, less narcissistic blog.
To give you a preview of some of the fun things that did happen while September was sucking…
- I am mid way through my training for a 5K and plan to run the Wolf Trap 5K the last weekend of October
- I have discovered some real good new music
- I have tuned into a new favorite TV show
- I have met 8 new friends who Brian and I will be leading in a couples small group
- I have recruited a new apprentice for our Global Impact follow-up ministry at Frontline
- I started discipling a dear friend of mine from our mission trip to Kenya
- I joined a bi weekly women’s small group about finding your PURPOSE 🙂
- I met a ton of new friends at Frontline Arlington who are interested in missions!
- I read an AWESOME book called the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peal Pie Society
- I started reading another AWESOME book called “What I talk about when I talk about Running” which is a memoir on the relationships between long distance running and novel writing by a international best selling author which has inspired me in my 5k training and in my writing
- I read and reviewed two books from Thomas Nelson – Fearless by Max Lucado and The Noticer by Andy Andrews
- I went on several GREAT dates with Brian Walters
- I saw one of my dearest friends be married to the love of her life
- I reconnected with an old friend
Wow, ok so maybe September didnt Tank as bad as I thought it did! Not until I sat down to write this blog did I realize that September was actually full of good things, I just had my focus in the wrong place.
Thank God for new perspectives!